CSSNEWS

The U.S. President characterized Iran’s proposal as a “worthless document” which he was not going to spend time reviewing

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday (May 11, 2026) stated the ceasefire with Iran was at its “frailest” and on “extreme life support”, a day after he dismissed Tehran’s proposal to conclude the months-long conflict as “completely unacceptable”.

“It is at its frailest… After looking at that worthless document they sent us... It’s on life support, extreme life support,” Mr. Trump told journalists at the Oval Office in reply to a question on the ceasefire with Iran following the rejection of the peace proposal.

During an event on Maternal Healthcare at the White House, Mr. Trump requested the participants to keep their comments brief, as he had a meeting with a large group of generals regarding Iran.

Mr. Trump received the Iranian proposal on Sunday (May 10, 2026) amid expectations that it could produce a breakthrough to conclude the war with Iran that started on February 28, obstructing the major sea route for global oil supplies, causing fuel shortages in multiple countries.
“I have just reviewed the response from Iran’s so-called Representatives.’ I don’t approve of it,” he wrote on his Truth Social platform on Sunday (May 10, 2026), describing the response as “completely unacceptable”.

On Monday (May 11, 2026), the President referred to Iran’s proposal as a “worthless document” which he was not going to spend time reviewing.
“They believe that I’ll become tired of this, or I’ll lose interest, or I’ll face some pressure, but there’s no pressure; there’s absolutely no pressure. We’re going to achieve a complete victory,” Mr. Trump said.
“I have the greatest plan ever. Iran has been defeated militarily. Entirely. They have a little remaining; they probably rebuilt during this period of time. We’ll eliminate that in about a day. But I have a strategy. You know, that’s a very straightforward strategy. I don’t know why you don’t describe it plainly. Iran cannot possess a nuclear weapon. They’re very dangerous. They’re highly volatile,” Mr. Trump said.

Asked about the condition of the ceasefire with Tehran, Mr. Trump said it is “incredibly weak.”
“I would say I would call it the weakest right now. After reviewing that worthless document, they sent us. I didn’t even complete reading it. They said, I’m not going to spend my time reviewing it. I would say it’s one of the weakest right now,” he said.
The President also stated that Iran informed him that the U.S. would need to excavate the “nuclear dust” at its facilities because it is buried so deeply that they cannot access it.

Mr. Trump said that he does not know at this moment how the U.S. would enter Iran to continue with the removal. He said it is a matter for additional negotiation.
The U.S. and Israel’s war on Iran began on February 28, and attacks have been paused since April 8, when the opposing sides agreed to a ceasefire. The U.S. and Iran have been negotiating an agreement to permanently end the hostilities, but peace has remained elusive so far.
Pakistan hosted one round of direct talks between Iran and the U.S. on April 11, but the two sides failed to reach a settlement.

The U.S. has been insisting that Iran provide a clear commitment to terminate its uranium enrichment programme in exchange for the removal of sanctions and release of billions in frozen Iranian funds.
The negotiations also involve both Iran and the U.S. lifting the blockade of the Strait of Hormuz, a vital passageway for one-fifth of the global crude supplies.